So, I’ve been blogging to you guys for a few weeks now so I’m ready to share more selfies with you and my daily vegan and cruelty free make up routine (lucky you!).
To give you a quick overview of my general skin and colouring, I’m Chinese with fairly neutral undertones (cooler, rather than warmer if I had to choose one or the other). Naturally, I think my skin tone is quite uneven. I have combination/oily skin, with a particularly oily T-zone, like so oily! Most colours suit me but in general I stick to nude colour tones, unless its a special occasion.
I’ve tried to pick a range of photos so I can show off the products that I use. On average, it takes me about 15 – 20 minutes to put my make up on in the morning. I’ll leave it to you to judge whether that’s a long time or not!
At this point, I’d also like to warn you that I am a heavy Kat Von D Beauty user. I know she’s been under scrutiny recently due to her personal choices, but this post is not to debate that. The products are vegan and excellent quality.
Starting with my face…
- On a clean face, I start with Kat Von D Lock-It Hydrating Primer. This might seem counter intuitive on oily skin, but I much prefer it to silicone based primers as it’s so much more absorbent.
- Using the KVD no 20 brush, I apply KVD Lock-It Powder Foundation in Medium 145 (For those interested, I wore Light 48 in the old formula).
- With the Hourglass Ambient Light Unlocked Palette, I use the KVD no 2 brush to apply Golden Bronze Light across the bottom of my cheek muscle as a light contour.
- I also use the Body Shop Contouring Brush to apply the same colour vertically on the sides of my nose.
- Then using a generic blusher brush that I got from Superdrug, I apply Nude Glow across the my cheeks, up towards my eyes.
- Finally from this palette, using the Real Techniques Contour Brush, I apply Champagne Strobe Light on the tops of my cheeks (underneath the eye) and straight down the middle of my nose to highlight those areas.
Moving onto my eyes…
- Using a Real Techniques Eyeshadow Brush, I apply e.l.f Baked Eyeshadow in Toasted across my eye lids, to just over where the crease is.
- To open my eyes up, I use KVD Lash Liner on my upper eye lids waterline.
- Currently, I’m using BareMinerals Lashtopia mascara which is lovely.
The final steps…
- As we all know, eyebrows can completely change the look of someones face. I use the KVD Signature Brow Precision Pencil in Dark Brown.
- I will also apply Hurraw Lip Balm on my lips, which is more of a necessity during winter compared to the rest of the year. I own many of them in a range of flavours.
- And to finish off, I use the KVD Lock-It Make Up Setting Mist to make my make up last all day.
I hope this post wasn’t too long and gave you a good play by play of my make up routine! It does seem like quite a lot of products, but everything is simple and quick to apply. I could cut out some steps to save time, but would I look as glorious without it?!
Bonus! My go-to blog for vegan and cruelty free beauty is Cruelty Free Kitty. It’s kept up to date and has so much information so I highly recommend it for any new vegans looking to convert their beauty bags to vegan.
Thanks for reading!